SJC Enterprise Zone Program has Ended... Now What?
The passage of Assembly Bill 93 (AB93) eliminated the California Enterprise Zone program in favor of a new statewide program; GEDI (Governors Economic Development Initiative). Effective Jan. 1, 2014, the Enterprise Program ended and GEDI began. Here is what this means for your business with regards to the Hiring Credit:
1) If you have already hired an employee and obtained a voucher certificate, you may continue to accrue tax credits for that employee if they continue to work for you after the end of 2013. The tax credits will continue to carry forward for 10 years after December 31st, 2013 or for 10 years after the date the credit is earned, whichever is longer.
2) Any qualified employees hired on or before December 31st, 2013 are still eligible for Enterprise Zone hiring credits and you may claim the credit for as long as they remain with you, up to the full five years.
3) If you have hired a qualified employee on or before December 31, 2013 and have not yet obtained an Enterprise Zone Hiring Credit Voucher certificate, you have until December 1st, 2014 to submit your voucher application.
4) Our office will continue to process vouchers through December 31st, 2014, however, we can only guarantee processing for vouchers submitted on or before December 1st, 2014. Voucher applications received after this date may not be processed. Contact our office prior to submitting voucher applications after December 1, 2014.
5) Tax credits will still accrue for the full five years of eligibility for each employee and they will continue to carry forward for up to 10 years from date the credit is earned.
If you need any assistance with the vouchering process or have any question about the Enterprise Zone Program at all, please contact the San Joaquin County Enterprise Zone office.
Enterprise Zone Incentives
State Tax Incentives:
A business located in the San Joaquin County Enterprise Zone can take advantage of tremendous tax credit programs offered by the State of California
- Hiring Credit
- State & Use Tax Credits
- Business Expense Deductions
- Net Operating Loss Carryover
- Net Interest Deduction for Lenders
Click Here to Download the NEW SJC TEA (Effective January 1, 2013) »
The State has approved the NEW San Joaquin County Targeted Employment Area (TEA) which is effective as of January 1, 2013.
Click Here to Download the previous SJC TEA (Effective June 22, 08 - July 8, 13) »
The previous SJC TEA (Effective June 22, 2008) expired on July 8, 2013.
To apply for a Hiring Credit Voucher, submit completed voucher application, required eligibility documentation, and
a check for the voucher fees payable to:
SJC Economic Development Association56 S. Lincoln Street
Stockton, CA 95203
Attn: Enterprise Zone
FeesEZ Voucher Application Fee - $80 per voucher
(Effective December 1st, 2010 the Voucher Application Fee has increased to $80.00 as a result of a $5.00 increase imposed by the State.)
Expedite Fee Additional $50 per voucher
Returned Check Fee - $25
Click Here » to download the Voucher Application and related forms.
Old Stockton EZ Street Ranges »
(Effective Date: 6/22/93 - 6/21/08)
Old Stockton EZ - Targeted Employment Area (TEA) »
(Effective Date: 1/01/98 - 6/21/08)
San Joaquin County Enterprise Zone Please Contact
Economic Development Director / EZ Manager